Sunday, November 11, 2007

A new year, a new challenge...

Last year - that'll be 2007 now - I set a new and utterly unofficial world record for travelling the entire Mexico City Metro system in the shortest time ever. Ok, so no one else had done it before so time was going to top the list, of one, for absolute certain. My 10 hour 11 minute time did at least raise US$140 for Wildcoast, a charity whose work includes sea turtle conservation. Turtles are, needless to say, my favourite little critters.

This year I'm going to try and do another slightly crazy thing, and climb a mountain. Because it's a bit more interesting than sitting on a metro for half a day, I'm hoping to get a few people to join me this time. If you fancy a challenge in October of this year, feel free to volunteer! Click here for more information.

I will also try and raise some more money to save a few more turtles. I am going to be far more ambitious this time, and set a target of US$1,000. You can help! And you don't even need to donate money. Just linking to this website will help contribute, albeit indirectly. Click here for more information.

On the sidebar to your right will be a menu linking to all the relevant pages as I build this blog in the run up to my climb. Over the next 9 months I will blog about the mountain, other people's attempts to climb and anything else that pops up. Obviously there will be more to say the nearer the as yet unspecified day comes!

0 comments: