Thursday, April 23, 2009

El Maraton

For the last couple of years I've taken on a challenge, just for fun. Something different to do. Something unusual, or difficult. And raised money for a charity while I'm at it.

This year I'm going to run the Mexico City Marathon. For the hell of it. And of course, raise a little money again. And I'm hoping you bloggers out there can help, again. Just like quite a few of you did last year...

I have set up a blog for my effort, Maraton 09, which I will monetize by doing adverts on it. How much I can get depends almost entirely on how high a page rank I get. How high a page rank I get depends almost entirely on how many of you will do me this small favour!

Just write a short post on your blog about my effort, including links to the blog using the key words Mexico City Marathon  and Maraton de la Ciudad de Mexico.

The links should look like this : Mexico City Marathon | Maraton de la Ciudad de Mexico.

How does that help me raise money? These links help to increase my page rank and therefore let me monetize the blog to raise money. Last year I did the same sort of thing on my La Mujer Dormida blog, and each post a blogger did was worth, roughly, $10.

If double the number of bloggers wrote a post this year, it would likely increase my earning potential not double, but treble or quadruple. I can make much, much more from a  blog with a page rank of 3 than I can from a blog with a page rank of two. So take 5 minutes and help me out! It doesn't have to be a long post - it's the links which really count! 10 words or a hundred words - whatever you have time for. You could always add the blog to your BlogRoll too - that can also help.

If you can find the time to do a post, let me know in the comments section of this post, and I'll add your blog to the Supporters widget in the sidebar of my Maraton blog. Gracias!!!



Photobucket

blog comments powered by Disqus